-
November 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
The Beatles and Altec PA
We've seen some photos of Altec monitors used by the Beatles. Here are a couple of shots of the Fab Four under a set of tar filled 1005 horns.


Don't know where, tho. They did a lot of US dates in '64. It's a boxing venue, for sure.
-
November 27th, 2009, 05:05 PM
#2
HB Super Moderator
Re: The Beatles and Altec PA
Hey Mike, In the last pic it looks like an Altec 612 cab above the 1005A's that is hung from it's side.
-
November 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: The Beatles and Altec PA
Nice--the best rock band of all time with the best speaker manufacturer of all time--a match made in heaven!
-
November 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Re: The Beatles and Altec PA
-
November 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: The Beatles and Altec PA
I thought you guys might like those.
-
November 29th, 2009, 01:33 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Re: The Beatles and Altec PA
Cool photos. I know I've seen footage of that concert, but I can't recall the details. What I remember about it most is that the Beatles would change their stage orientation 180 degrees between sets, but without any apparent help from stage hands. John, Paul, and George were schlepping amps around, while Ringo was down on his knees rotating the center turntable.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks